Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I was thinking that I wanted to add more content to my pieces and as I looked back through my old "Adobe" folder on my desktop I found an old piece of a gyroscope I did years ago in my free time. I knew I was going to put this in one of my pieces because I liked the shape and the revolving pieces so much, how they intertwined and flowed. But the complex shape reminded me of old alchemy circles, which I thought could be a great addition to my pieces, giving an ethereal and surreal presence to each work. I started researching them online and decided to make my own circles for each piece and add a few relevant traditional symbols to each one as well. For instance, my bird figure has an "air" symbol, the turtle has "sulfur" and "water", the snake has "iron" (for his sword), and the cat has a symbol for "boron" mostly because I took a liking to the symbol, and it resembles a cat's eye. One more piece is on the way, but I thought I'd get this up here








No comments:

Post a Comment