Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I haven't yet scanned my newest piece because I need to use one of the large scale copy machines with a larger scanning bed, but it is a representation of the famous Icarus of Greek mythology. In my own piece, Icarus is composed mainly of metallic wings and appendages and bursting through a sheet of glass while being slightly silhouetted by a large spherical sun directly behind him. The sun is meant to juxtapose the ancient myth since this robot's wings will not melt at a similar height. I have also tried to fashion the figure with a similar physique of strength and conditioning as Icarus is often displayed with to show the natural beauty of the form. This piece is meant to capture another step towards advanced technology as I present my creation with the adoption of flight instead of just pure agility and reflexes. I think that with a good amount of digital painting that this piece shows promise to be my favorite.

 With each piece I would like to try and highlight a certain ability or strength within my creation; for instance, my first robot demonstrates great speed, the next shows agility, and this one flight. For my next two or three I am considering brute strength for my next piece (albeit robots today tend to exhibit strength quite well so this will have to be exaggerated), but other than I am stumped on what I should do for my final one or two. I'm thinking enhanced sight or hearing would be neat but difficult to display, another option is some type of futuristic matter manipulation like telekinesis or pyrokineses. I don't know, I'm sure it will be pretty cool though.


No comments:

Post a Comment