Friday, February 15, 2013


Today we had a pretty nice critique that led me to really voice what I'd like to show in my body this semester. I would like to give off the impression that I am creating a journal or a collection of concept robots and inventions of the future, yet set in a rougher, more old fashioned period. The subjects should look rustic or pre modern in terms of current technology but set the scene for a similar age, even though the technology is far more advanced for the time period. For instance, this would be similar to looking at blueprints and concept sketches from 150 years ago but of technology that is not even available to us today. I will show my creations doing things we wouldn't think possible in terms of today's possibilities. I also want to bring a sense of fantasy to the viewer by placing the robots in crazy situations or surrounding them with unfamiliar or antique objects. I'd like to have the viewer think they were examining the lost pages of some unknown inventor from centuries ago, or that they were stumbling upon the musings of an engineer. The sense of fantasy is important to me because the things I will be presenting will be so odd and so unachievable by today's standards, yet shown in an exaggerated form.



No comments:

Post a Comment