Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hello world!

I was very happy with the turn out at the show last weekend, I was even so fortunate enough to sell a piece to one of my friends! Everybody worked hard to put on a great night and I think that it showed by how well everything was displayed and how well received it was.

Last week I also got a chance to interview my friend Mayim's mother, Civia Weisner, who is an independent and commission based artist who specializes fountain pen ink art and calligraphy! Talk about cool, she always sends me a birthday card with a small drawing and a personal message written in her perfect handwriting. While the greater portion of work she does nowadays is for her calligraphy, she used to do some great drawings and graphic designs back in the 80's and 90's. So we got to talk about her past work and where my own work was headed and how we each do our processes. It was a good time and a good opportunity to go home and see my family as well since she lives just down the road.

This Friday I'm also going on my second artistic adventure to the 78th St. Studios gallery showing with the AU art club. I can't wait because I had never even heard about it until last week, and now I'm really intrigued to see how large and crazy this place is.

No comments:

Post a Comment