Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Going back to the tall, overarching and blatantly apparent structures that set me off in the first place, I wanted to go for a more suburban environment and showing its industrialization on the fringes of wildlife. I'l have a small town in the background behind the raised platform train tracks to show man and nature coexisting very closely to each other. At the same time, I'll have these large, grandeur, transmission towers looming over the habitat, making a clear path of destruction where the tree line no longer exists. I like the concept throughout my pieces that while we may see our advancements as beautiful and life changing structures such as cities or highways, that to an unaccustomed eye, these same objects are tools of destruction and impedance. I want to show this clash, and I think that this piece will do that well with being able to show both sides, and the divide between them

I've also decided that I want to get all of the framework and base put on this last few pieces so that I can put the finishing touches on all at once, and have the final products look a bit more similar to each other. I want a fluent style between the set, and I think if I do them all at different intervals with different ideas coming in over time, that this style might change too much. I am actually hoping that my final product can look more similar to Sweeney and Apostolescu rather than my initial completed piece. I think color palette and outline detail will be a large factor in this respect


No comments:

Post a Comment